Asian Quinoa & Edamame Salad Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry quinoa 1 cup frozen edamame 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced 1 small Persian cucumber, sliced into half-moons (about 1 cup) 1 cup shredded purple cabbage 1 cup shredded carrots …
Falafel Tahini Mixed Greens Salad
2 2/3 cups green or brown lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed) *
1/3 cup tahini (divided)
1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
1/4 cup water
8 cups mixed greens
1 cup sauerkraut *
- I use the precooked, refrigerated lentils from Trader Joe’s
- I love Wildbrine sauerkraut!
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the lentils, 2/3 of the tahini, cilantro, cumin, apple cider vinegar and half the salt.
3. Form the mixture into balls using about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for each ball. Place on the baking sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through and firm.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, remaining tahini, remaining salt and water.
5. Divide the mixed greens onto plates and top with the lentil tahini falafels, sauerkraut and tahini yogurt dressing. Enjoy!
Rainbow Tempeh Bowl Ingredients: 4 cups broccoli florets 1 teaspoon avocado oil 2 cups shredded carrots 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced 2 scallions, chopped 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional, for garnish) 1 block tempeh, cubbed 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 1/4 cup …
2 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2-3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lime juiced
1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
1/8 teaspoon salt or more to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw ingredients: shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions.
2. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, honey, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pour as much dressing over the coleslaw as desired. The dressing is also delicious over a salad if you want to dress the slaw lightly and use leftovers for any other salad!
3. Toss the coleslaw and dressing together. Serve the coleslaw over tacos, on sandwiches, a side salad or as a side to BBQ chicken, ribs or tempeh!
4. The coleslaw may be prepped in advance and refrigerated, or used immediately after preparation.
Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil (or mint, chives, or parsley) 1/4 tsp. sea salt (or pink Himalayan salt) 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper 1 cup arugula 1/2 medium …
Winter Superfoods Bowls Ingredients: 2 medium beets, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes 4 tsp. olive oil, divided use ½ tsp. ground cumin, divided use Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper, divided use 2 cups …
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
2 heads cauliflower
2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
3 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
12-15 grain-free tortillas
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ cup fresh cilantro
2 avocados, mashed with salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread cauliflower around two large baking sheets. Add oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Toss to combine.
Roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
To serve, warm tortillas in microwave or oven, directly on the still-warm oven racks, until soft – only a minute or two.
Add a few spoonfuls of cauliflower. Garnish with lime, cilantro, cabbage, and avocado mash.
Best consumed when fresh. Store leftover sauce in refrigerator up to a week and cauliflower in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Buddha Bowl with Spring Vegetables Ingredients: Parchment paper 2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste) 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 2 Tbsp. water ½ tsp. ground turmeric ½ tsp. pure maple syrup ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional) ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) ¼ …